Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mothers Day

Dear readers, I do hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day! There is a lot of very moving, impressive, beautiful writing about motherhood on blogs right now. It's been a joy to read, thanks to you, authors!!! When my hubby was in Santa Fe (snacking on Airborne, see previous post!) he thoughtfully picked up a beautiful pair of of turquoise earrings and necklace for me, and gave me a sweet card. Awwwww. MOST IMPORTANTLY my ten year old daughter made me a chocolate pie from scratch. Crust from scratch, all of it! Is that not the best thing you've ever heard of? What a sweetheart! And, someone woke me up before 7:00am to serve me Cheerios in bed. Almost forgot!

Our lives are moving at the speed of light it seems. Our twins are at Outdoor School; it's opening week of our 7-8th grade cabaret; our relatives want to secure times this summer to visit; one of my kids' grades had a lice outbreak; Nolan is singing "Penny Lane" in the talent show; we hosted a Cinco de Mayo party for my husband's firm; (this required shopping for a dress, and purchasing of said dress without trying it on first. It was too big. Had to wear a belt of gold doggie bones, yes that's right, and a jacket to hide how huge it was on me.) and most pressing on my mind is Emmeline's hips seem to be too flexible. It was my husband who noticed it first -- they rotate too far out, as if her knees could rotate backwards to reach the floor when she is sitting. STAT to the PED!!!!!!!! She isn't in pain, and because we have been through hip issues before (Legg Calve Perthes, email me if you want info!) I know one day's difference makes no difference at all. She puts weight on her legs, jumps, etc. so it's not interfering with anything right now ... just gives me the heebie geebies.

Okay that was a lot of boring stuff, and I know y'all don't really care about that. Let's see some pictures, cuz I know why you are here!!!

Edit: pictures will be posted next time baby sleeps.

No comments: