Monday, April 27, 2009

Twilight Zone

My blog is behind. Also, my behind is a blog. It's called "Tales from the Wide Side" Just kidding here people. I'm a little punchy still up at 1 am.

Emmeline has been fighting a cold which makes her a little more demanding. Still cute, but covered in snot and demanding. She has this endearing new habit when she nurses -- she has always grasped onto my pointer finger for all it's worth when she nurses, and now in addition without missing a beat she will pull off the Breast of Plenty and pull my finger into her mouth try to nurse my finger. Even when she is very sleepy, or very hungry. Even if my hand is quite far from her mouth. When I try to hold my hand back she kicks me and fusses. Then I tell her how silly she is and tickle her tummy. She looks at me, smiles, and goes back to the nipple. SO silly!!!

A quiet weekend in our wee house -- just the baby, the 14 year old, and the mom. Big, bigger and biggest as Chloe calls us. I enjoyed the relative silence immensely, and while I didn't get a lot done (cursed laundry pile mocking me as I type) I enjoyed my girls and am looking forward to the other kids getting home. Chloe and I talked about what our lives would be like if this was the actual size of our family; a bit like peeking into an alternate universe where familes only have four people in them.

It's really, really, really good for hubby to take the middle kids by himself for a weekend. I did all the grocery shopping for the trip, but he had to heat the food and keep an eye on the clock so they didn't become starving monsters. And manage four kids on bikes -- none of whom want to be last on the trail -- and swimming, and who rides where in the car, and on and on. It's good for him. I chuckled under my breath when he said on the phone, "It's not the same without you." Yep, I bet it's not!

No comments: