Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sleepless Nights

Ohhhh ... it's coming back to me. Babies with colds, unable to sleep or really breathe. The stuff of nightmares and creator of wrinkles.

Poor Emmeline is so congested AND has a runny nose. Cancelled her four month check up for today; no shots on top of this bug. Tom was up with her for a few hours early on and I took the late shift. She is now sleeping peacefully, but I need to get to the market and drop off the kids' lunches at school so I will wake her soon. Darn.

After raising twin infants this should be easier. It is not easy, and I am not 29. I am on the countdown to 40 and feel every second. My hips hurt, my back hurts, I have grey hair, and just recently had some sun spots (aka "mask of pregnancy") burned off, & my face looks mud splattered. I had a skin check while I was there -- now that was an experience! The dermatologist even looked between my toes! Everyone, get your skin checked every few years; skin cancer is more easily treated when caught early. Just do it!

1 comment:

Megan Larkin said...

Emmeline's so cute! It's too bad that she had a cold... is she feeling better now?