Monday, October 5, 2009

Soccer, our way of life

My oldest daughter's every afternoon:






On a completely different note I took baby to the pediatrician today to check her ears since she WILL NOT SLEEP and is DEMANDING. Don't get me wrong. I tickle her, kiss her, read to her, play with her toes in wee little rows, etc. etc. etc. But the not sleeping is killing me: she will nap for twenty minutes and wake up SO CRABBY, as if she is sure she missed out on something fun. I know there are babies who wake happy in their cribs. Not mine. And her crib is nice, with toys and a soft IKEA baby blankie. And yes, sometimes I try to get her back to sleep and it has not yet worked. And yes, sadly, I have left her to cry in her crib for (wince) up to thirty minutes. I draw the line at a half an hour of a screaming 12 month old!
It's not the ears. The pediatrician actually said, "Well, it could just be her personality.
Yes, yes, I do think that's it! Good thing I paid twenty bucks for that diagnosis.

1 comment:

--Tumbleweed said...

I know exactly how you feel, although I don't have nearly your level of experience. I have a 2.5 year old and a 9 month old, and I honestly feel like I haven't slept in 3 years. Sometimes I think I'm losing my marbles, but I keep telling myself that they can't keep up this pace forever. Hang in there! They have to sleep at the same time eventually, right?